Wednesday, April 22, 2009

After the Castle


After the two hour tour of Windsor Castle, we went to a local pub for lunch, where we sampled such delicacies as Steak and Pepper pie, Fish & Chips, and Dandelion & Burdock soft drinks. The bus took us back to TASIS, not without incident, however: as we were about to leave, one of our group noticed he had left his camera back in the pub, so Mr. Casey raced through the Windsor streets to fetch the lost camera. This successfully done, we got back to TASIS in time to meet the host families who were taking the students for the night. Five TASIS families with Middle and High school-aged children were taking 10 of our students to their homes for the night. The rest of our group (the four adults and Antosh) met the TASIS teachers who were accommodating them, went out to a local pub for dinner, and retired for the night, some 30 hours or so after we got up on Tuesday morning in San Francisco to begin our trip.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! This blog site is better than I anticipated. Thanks for putting this together. I know it entails more work on your part but (as a parent) it helps me to stay connected to my son and the groups experiences. I just passed this along to my family so that they can catch a glimps. Thankyou so much for your efforts in making this happen and I can't wait to see what's next on your journey. You are ALL in my prayers. God bless you and have a fabulous day!
    PS. I hope it wasn't Christian who forgot his camera?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How was the Ale???? always wanted to try the british ale. God be with you all.. Looks like sooooo much fun.. I am a bit jealous..

    ReplyDelete